Hello parents, students and friends of NESS. I would like to clarify what is happening with the Spring Prom. Any grade 8-12 student is welcome to buy a ticket to attend the Prom. If a NESS student wishes to bring an outside guest (non-NESS student) to the Prom, then they need to apply for permission at the office. We will check references before allowing admission to the dance and, if acceptable, issue the guest a pass. Since this event includes minors, the age limit for guests is 19 years old or younger.
It’s Pink Shirt day, today. Along with wearing pink, how about trying the following things:
1) A’am Niin – tell or show someone that they are a good person.
2) Make the KindNESS pledge, and help someone out who needs it.
3) Take a deep breath, count to three, exhale and say something constructive after someone irritates you.
5) Wear pink.
6) Take a minute to think about what you learn about yourself through conflict or challenge. Then thank the person challenging you for the lesson.
8) A’am Niin – take a moment to look in the mirror and tell yourself you are wonderful, smart, brave, kind, loving and loved.
9) Take a moment to slow down, listen to what others have to say, respond thoughtfully, and breathe.
10) Celebrate your kind actions by sharing and retweeting messages from @pinkshirtday on Twitter or let us know, on this page, what you’re doing to support Pink Shirt Day on Feb 22, 2017.